Dear “Design Company Upper Westside”: You should read the Department of Labor’s six-point guideline to what qualifies as an internship. As a refresher to all, here they are below (please compare and contrast to the list of required qualifications this posting demands):
- The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment;
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded;
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; and
- The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship.
DESIGN COMPANY UPPER WESTSIDE
Design Studio seeking part-time Intern for immediate start
Transportation and lunch stipend provided.
Applicant will assist in various aspects of the organization’s day-to-day operation, and provide general administrative and/or creative support.
Daily tasks may include data entry, event planning, social media marketing, help with design and marketing projects, website maintenance, client care and management, some research, assisting at events.
Requirements-College students or recent graduates with concentrations in ARTS ADMINISTRATION and or/MARKETING
Adobe CS5 Photoshop
Microsoft Office - Mac platform
organized, efficient, Easy-going
strong work ethic
Good communication skills
Ability to multi-task
Working knowledge of Word Press and/or Filemaker Pro a big plus.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who would like to work in a pleasing environment doing a variety of tasks. Must be organized and good at multi-tasking.
Potential of leading to paid position in the fall.
We are also happy to complete any paperwork and referrals you might need to get school credit.
Part-time, 15-20 hrs per week.
We are requesting a commitment of at least 2 days per week for a minimum three-month period. Please include a short paragraph about why you are interested and qualified for the position, your resume, and a link to your work. Please address your experience in the computer programs listed above. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who do not provide a cover letter, resume and portfolio will not be considered. If you have any questions, please call 212-645-3553.